Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) is one of the most common hormonal disorders in a woman. The hormonal produce 5%-10% of reproductive age 12-45 years). It may happen to the woman condition such as unbalance hormone cause of PCOS. The relationship between PCOS and Hair loss is related to each other. If you produce more androgen, it is caused by PCOS disorder in your hormone. The early signs of PCOS are an irregular period of ovulation or fertility, increased levels of male hormones (Androgens) in the female body. Here are the symptoms of PCOS in a woman:
- Excessive hair growth, it can be found smooth hair in woman thicker and darker. The hair growth is more excessive on the back buttocks, face or chest.
- Oily or acne scene on woman face.
- Depression and anxiety feeling. These feelings are common in PCOS suffer.
- Difficulty getting pregnant. Most of the woman with PCOS have difficulty conceiving (infertility).
- Hair loss or thinning head, or thinning head, or baldness with androgenic alopecia.
- Weight gain or difficulty losing weight.
- Irregular menstruation. Some woman with PCOS also may not experience menstrual periods, and others probably cause severe bleeding.
- Polycystic ovaries are larger, and there are small fluid sacs that surround the ovarium.
Girls do not be sad hearing that PCOS is rather difficult to cure. The symptoms can be controlled. Handling option that can be taken by PCOS should change this:
- Changing lifestyle. The patient can start with a healthy diet to lose weight. The smoker lover must stop. Because cigarettes may affect to higher level Androgen Hormonal than nom-smoker.
- Change your schedule to make a small surgery. A minor surgery called Laparoscopic Ovarian Drilling (LOD) becomes an option to deal with PCOS-included fertility problems.
- Do hormone therapy as soon as possible. This therapy can help you to get pregnancy. Besides that, it is useful to normalize the period cycle, prevent uterine cancer, excessive hair growth, the appearance of acne, and decrease hair loss.
How to Treat Hair Loss in Woman suffering from PCOS
Hair loss causes baldness faster in women hair. It is like Corona lost from your hair. If you are confident in hair loss, well there will be a not big problem to deal with PCOS. If you are a true woman, you can control this issue yourself. As I said before, the level of hormone Androgen will increase in a patient with PCOS disorder. This hormone should not be produced in higher scale in a woman. Of course, this hormone is produced by both sexes (men and women). The high levels of Androgen can be a major factor causing hair loss (Androgenic Alopecia).
Androgen hormone is attacking the health of hair follicles. Know that hair follicles cannot grow properly so it will cause baldness. The process of hair loss is caused by hormonal factors begin with thinning hair on the upper forehead and extends backward. Well, if your experience hair loss by PCOS, you must take the steps:
- Avoid the blazing sun
- Avoid using head coverings such as hats, helmets for a longer time. If you are in open air area, you are required to have Personal Protective Equipment.
- Do not change shampoos, conditioners, hair gel, hair oil, and other. Make sure the shampoo suitable for your hair condition and scalp.
- Find some tips to prevent dandruff. Dandruff can cause the scalp dry and crusty which is ultimately inhibits the nutrients for hair follicles.
- Dry your hair after shampooing to prevent the fungal infection, however, minimize the use of blowers. But a hair blower can cause broken hair, branched, and fall.
- Consume the food to minimize hair loss. Lack of the nutritional intake can cause hair loss. Eat the macro nutrients for your body (protein, fat, and carbohydrate) and micro nutrient food (vitamins and minerals).
- Prevent water hydrate in your body. You should drink plenty of water.
- Reduce stress. Stress can cause hair loss. So, to maintain healthy hair, avoid factor that can trigger stress.
- Regular exercise plays important rule to make your hormone balance.
- Using natural material for hair is recommended. The use of natural oils is good for hair loss such as aloe vera, olive oil, green tea, lavender oil, many things else.
So, PCOS can change hormonal problem in a woman. It is called Androgenic Alopecia. However, the hair loss should be treated well, and keep in mind that most of these methods are not clinically tested, so there is no possibility of success. If you would not try this advice, you can consult your doctor, if you are in doubt about natural remedies.