As awareness is increasing people are becoming more willing than they ever have before to help clean up the planet and reduce their carbon footprints. If like a lot of us you would like some guidance on where to start Shout Promotional Merchandise, have pulled together a helpful list below!
- Go paperless! Switch to online billing and opt out of unnecessary leaflets and magazines.
- Switch off – turn off any appliances or lights at the wall when not in use.
- Reuse – stop with the one use plastic bottles, straws and cups. Invest in a reusable cup, bottle and straw to help save the planet.
- Freeze food – catch your food before it goes out of date by popping it in the freezer.
- Plant a tree. Have fun in the garden while helping the environment by planting new trees.
- Turn down the heat – wash clothes in cold water.
- Upcycle – turn old t-shirts into cleaning rags and take things that no longer fit to the charity shops.
- Open the windows – let the cool air in before you switch on the air con!
- Meat free Mondays – Try cutting meat and dairy from your diet for one day a week to help reduce your carbon footprint.
- Public transport – jump on a bus or train instead of in your car to cut your CO2 emissions.
- Compost – this will keep your garden green and reduce your wastage.
- Use LED – LED lightbulbs last longer and are far more efficient!
- Insulate – Make sure your home is correctly insulated to keep your rooms cool in the summer and warm in the winter without using the heating or fans!
- Shop local – shopping closer to home means less carbon is created and you are supporting the local economy.
Going green can start from the smallest steps and changes in everyday life, so why not start today?